Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Quick, Easy & Simple Fudge!

Here is a recipe I came across - only 3 ingredients (well, in the original recipe there's 4, but you don't have to make it with the vanilla - I make it without). And it's yummy and easy! (if you like peanut butter)



I made it a couple times then I doubled the recipe. I am pretty sure I did it all the same, but it wouldn't thicken as quick as when I wouldn't double it. When it cooled (in the refrigerator, as last time) it was way softer and not as easy to get out of the pan. So, I made it again (doubling it) thinking I might be able to thicken it by stirring it longer. I stirred it longer than last time I doubled it, it didn't thicken like it should. I think it turned out a little better though. I thought that was kind of weird. I guess I'll just make the original recipe.

Also, I thought about replacing the water with milk (use the same amount of milk as water called for in the recipe), so I tried it. It turned out great and thickened faster than with the water. It was creamier, I liked it better.

It's sweet, so don't eat too much! Here's the recipe (not doubled):



Ingredients
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine sugar and water in a large pot. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil for 1 minute; remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla (if desired). Beat until thick. (It can help to have two people so you can take turns.) Pour into 8″x8″ pan and allow to cool. (I put it in the refrigerator).

Here's some pictures of me making it:

The sugar & water combined

Turn the burner on

At about this point......

start the timer

Have a pan ready (no greasing necessary).
In this picture I have a 9" x 13" because I was doubling it. 
Otherwise just use an 8" x 8" (unless you're using a mold, just make sure the fudge is thick, like it should be anyway, if you're using a mold).

Keep stirring

After about 1 minute add the peanut butter, and vanilla if you're using it

once it's mixed in, stir until thick, then put in pan

after this, place in refrigerator, and come back probably in a few hours.

For this recipe, give credit to this site (click here)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome - I like hearing from you!