Monday, July 26, 2010

In The Kitchen: Pie #4 Creamy Frozen Peanut butter

Well, on this one I kind of made up my own recipe. The original recipe had 8 oz Cool Whip, and we didn't have it. So, I replaced 1 cup milk, and added 1/4 cup corn syrup (because I read that it "prevents the formation of ice crystals in frozen desserts"). I used 1/3 cup homemade goat cream cheese that one of my sisters made. The batter was very thin and looked like it wouldn't turn out, but I had hope because I knew I was going to freeze it. It does melt if you wait long enough, but not very fast.
           The results were great. Sooooooo good!



Creamy Frozen Peanut Butter Pie

1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1/3  cup cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup corn syrup
1 1/2 cups milk
1 pie crust, baked

Mix peanut butter, sugar and cream cheese. Add corn syrup and mix. Slowly add milk until smooth. The batter will be very thin. Pour into baked crust and freeze until set. May be served with chocolate pieces.








0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome - I like hearing from you!