Monday, July 26, 2010

In The Kitchen: A Pie Starts at the Crust

It started when it was time to pick blackberries, and someone wanted a blackberry pie. Well, it starts with the crust! I can't use the store-bought ones, because of gluten. So, I made my own. I made 4 of them. Pie crusts/shell are auctually pretty easy. And, of course, I made those gluten-free. After rolling out 2 crusts on the counter, I was kind of bummed out because they were breaking when I tried to pick them up. I then came up with a better idea - roll it out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Ahhhh . . . MUCH easier! This way it takes way faster, it doesn't break, and I can put it in the pan by myself with little difficulties! I also learned that I can use the back of a spoon, get it wet with a little water, and smooth out the crust.

Example 1: without plastic wrap

Example 2: with plastic wrap




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome - I like hearing from you!