Tuesday, May 4, 2010

In The Kitchen 1

In this post, I have pictures of - Gluten, wheat-free brownies and roll-out cookies, cookies for the wheat people, and a gluten and wheat free "creation".
I titled it:
I mixed up a small thing in the microwave, it turned out good, so why not make a recipe? I took  a scratch piece of paper and pencil, and as I mixed it up I measured everything into it (until the consistancy was good), and wrote it down.



So, here's the recipe:

1. 1 1/2 cups white rice flour (put in 2 TBS & 1 1/2 tsp potato starch flour in the cup before the rice flour)
2. 1 tsp xanthan gum
3. 3/4 cup sugar
4. 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (or imitation vanilla)
5. 1 cup milk

1. Preheat oven to 350.





















2. Mix dry ingredients, Then mix in wet ingredients.





















3. Drop on greased cookie sheets, or spread on (and cut when baked).























4. Bake in oven for about 7-10 minutes. If you spread it on, expect to bake more towards 15 minutes or so.






















When they are not baked and baked, they should come off the cookie sheets easily.





























Roll-out cookies







The gluten free ones were kind of grainy 
(because they were made with rice flour), but I liked the grainy texture



The first gluten free brownies that we made weren't so good, 
but these ones were fudge-like and yummy, better than the gluten ones!!


















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome - I like hearing from you!