Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Pretty Luna Moth

We saw this one by the window, so went out and took pictures of it. I was able to get cool close-ups, because he wasn't very skittish. I think they can get bigger than this little one was. At first I didn't know what kind of moth it was, but then several days later mom saw in this book a picture and words "Luna Moth".







Getting close to insects, make you realize how fuzzy some are






This picture (cropped) is clear enough
 that you can see it's eyes (I think they're his eyes),
 and at the end of his leg some kind of little things 
that probably help him grip onto the side of things, 
as in the other pictures you can see the antenna




Hanunyah

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Suggestions? All are welcome - I like hearing from you!